Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Born On The Fourth Of July


Happy Birthday Momma!!

I wore my gold shoes in honor of your birthday today. I also wore your Grammy bracelet and a pair of your earrings. Something about wearing a piece of your jewelry always makes me feel like a part of you is with us, but deep down I know your always there.  I also made your potato salad.  Did it completely on my own this time.  No tasters. Tony said it was awful and then handed me a big tupperware bowl for leftovers so I know I did good :).  Its not yours but I think you'd be proud at how close I am to it.



I sure wish you were still with us to celebrate the 4th.  It was always extra special because it was your birthday as well.  Loved making cakes in red, white and blue and giving you gifts of the same nature.  You never seemed to tire of it, at least you never let us know if you did. 

As usual, Tony and the boys had some pretty tasty BBQ for us yesterday.  Those grandsons of yours are getting pretty good at it.  They keep saying they're going to takeover the cook-off team one day.  I think it might be sooner than later ;). I love this picture of the boys doing their thing, but that wink from Brandon makes you wonder if you can trust them.  LOL!!


It was a good day altogether but not the same without you.  I hope we're doing you proud momma.  I know sometimes we may not always make the best decisions but at the time, it seems like we are.  

I'll leave you with some pictures of me with my babies.  They are growing so fast mom.  I try so hard not to blink but some days I look at them and think someone comes in at night while they're sleeping and sprinkles fertilizer on them.  

  

We love and miss you so much momma.  I hope the fireworks were to your liking again this year.  I always insist the USA go all out for you ;). 

No comments: