Friday, December 16, 2016

Hank & Christmas

Hank the Elf finally made his debut late last week. The weather had been horrible at the North Pole so he wasn't able to travel before then.


He hasn't done anything too crazy...but has made Bella laugh a few times.




She really liked the snowflakes he made...




And when he decided to prop himself up on the rooster...



Yesterday he made a grocery list for us, or should I say for him!


He was hanging out in the tree this morning. Bella still loves to get up and see what he's done each day.  One day earlier this week, he hung himself upside on the Christmas bell hanging in the doorway.  Bella said, "mom, he did that last year" in a tone like she was appalled he hadn't done something new.  I told her that he probably just likes hanging upside down...gives him a new perspective on things, sees things differently.  She was okay with that.

Christmas is drawing closer and I am very, very close to finishing my shopping.  I have the kids done but still need something else for my sister and a gift for a friend.  I really wanted to do something different for both but I'm finding out that "something different" is harder to find than I anticipated, especially when I don't know what it is I'm looking for.  ha! I also need to quit thinking a gift is not enough and that I need to add more to it.  It is enough.  It's perfect.  I'm trying but while my heart wants to give, give, give, my pocketbook is screaming no, no, no!!  

Other than that I am super excited to be off for a glorious 10 days.  I want to cook, bake, watch Christmas movies in my jammies with a sweet girl snuggled up with me, eat popcorn, look at Christmas lights, sleep in, be lazy...all of that and more.  Just to be away and have some down time will be very nice indeed.    



No comments: