Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekend Update

I love the sound of thunder.  It makes me smile.  I do prefer to be snuggled up at home but regardless of where I'm at, a smile spreads across my face when I hear it.  I'm hearing a little now as I try to work.  My mind keeps wandering to this past weekend and my time with my honey, his son and my children.  I loved every minute of it and can't wait until they can be here 24/7.  I missed them as soon as they left.  I'm sure in some books that makes me pathetic in ways, but all I see is happiness.  Been a long time and it feels good. 

Before honey arrived Saturday, the kids and I made our way to Lowes to pick up a few things.  This was us stuffed in the car on our way home.  Don't you just love Bella's expression?

 
You're looking at 3 Adirondack chairs, one garden hose reel and a tomato cage.  What you can't see is a hanging basket with flowers, several other flowers we picked up, a bag of ant killer, a bag of weed n feed, a princess kneeler for Miss Bella to help Mommy scratch in the flower beds...and I think that was it from there.  I went to Wal-Mart to look for a trellis Tony had told me about for my cucumbers but couldn't find them.  Picked up two bags of top soil, a planter and more flowers. 
 
Finally planted my blackberry vine I bought several weeks ago.  Here's the boy digging the hole for it.  I wanted it in the back corner because it will get the most sunlight there...
 


And the finished product.  Didn't my landscaper do a great job?  I thought so. 
Might have to keep him around.  Ha!
 
 
I still have a lot to do with the flower beds around the house but I did get the dead stuff pulled out and all of the leaves (well most of them) out of the beds.   Didn't get all the flowers we bought planted but will later.  Thank goodness I got a lot done Saturday because Sunday was cold and rainy.  Perfect day to stay inside, do laundry, watch tv, nap, do more laundry, nap some more and so forth.  That's exactly what we did.  It was a great lazy and productive day.  My laundry is caught up! 

Guess I'll try and get back to work.  Y'all have a good one!

No comments: