Friday, April 4, 2014

Making It Work

Relationships are hard work.  Especially long distance relationships.  Kudos to every military family out there and anyone else who is in a long distance relationship.  Honey and I are a mere two hours away from each other but it has been a struggle and more times than not, the source of the arguments between us.  I hate arguing.  Hate it.  Two hours is nothing when you have families oceans and continents apart from each other but when you are both working single parents, the plot most definitely thickens. I want our relationship to work. He and the boys are worth the fight.  I'm too far gone and love him too dang much to walk away now.  It scares me sometimes how in love I am with this man because the reality is, it has been a very short amount of time.  However, at our age (especially mine since he is the young one here) I think you know what you want and don't want in a relationship and also know a lot sooner if a person is right for you and your babies.

When we are together, there is something magical about us and it is a beautiful thing.  I waited a very long time for this man and I'm not about to run away because it gets difficult at times.  Name me one relationship that doesn't?  Friendships included.  It all takes work, constant communication and willing participants wanting to work at it.  Thankfully honey is willing to fight just as hard as I am.  We may butt heads but we always talk it out.

With all that said....I am missing him like crazy and can't wait to see his handsome face again.

No comments: