Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Lovin' October

October is definitely my favorite month. I love everything it brings and more...


I wanted to take the kids to Dewberry Farm this year but it doesn't look like its going to work out. Maybe next year.  Instead, I took the kids to a pumpkin patch close to home.  It wasn't the same but Bella loved it.






I even manage to get the resident 15 year old to sit down and take a picture with his sister.  
Always makes this momma's heart happy.


After the pumpkin patch, we ran a few more errands then headed home so pumpkin carving could begin.  Chris chose his design and got started.  Its serious business when you turn your hat around to work.  


Little sis watching and wanting to know everything....


Giving me her scary Bella face...and she's still a cutie to me :)



Christopher's finished product all lit up. It took him some time to get it all done and wasn't sure he wanted to do it again but...



The next day he carved Bella's pumpkin. 
Afterward he told me he wanted us to do this every year.  ha!



He did a dang good job.  Its takes some time and patience but well worth it when you see the finished product.  Kudos to those folks who carve a dozen or more pumpkins each year.   

Last week at school was drug awareness week so each day, the teachers asked the kids to dress up differently.  The thing that is different about Bella from Chris (other than the obvious) is that she likes to participate in stuff like this. Chris rarely wanted to do fun stuff.  Bella was most apprehensive about inside out day, but she did it....

See, you can't even tell...



Pajama Day (her favorite!)



Cool Shades Day!



I totally missed Monday's wear red day, and I can't for the life of me remember what Wednesday was because I didn't take a picture.  Shame on me!  

This last picture I'm going to leave with you just makes me smile.  So, we were at Hobby Lobby last night getting stuff for a "Day of the Dead" project Christopher is doing in Spanish.  Bella and I are walking down the aisles getting ideas for her bubba when we happen upon these masks.  I put one on so she wanted one too.  After trying on a few, this is what she ended up with...  


This goofy child walked through the store the entire time with this mask on...and you talk about a little character!  She was cracking us up.  She's a mess all the time, but turned into an extra funny mess with this mask.  I had to get it.  They cut the tag off for her and she put it right back on and wore the whole way home.  I wish it had been daylight because when cars would pass us...she would look out the window and talk to them.  Little nut!  I'm in so much trouble...

y'all have a good one!

 

No comments: