Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Hello March

Good grief.  That's the only thing that comes to mind when I look at the calendar and realize March begins this weekend.  I'm slowly getting the Spring bug.  I've been pinning garden ideas and flowers like crazy but have yet to really do anything at the house.  Christopher cut the grass last weekend (before the cold set in again) and I cleaned out the bed where my blackberry vine is growing and raked up a bag of leaves. I wasn't in the mood to fill up a lot, and believe me there are plenty of leaves in my backyard to fill up 20 or more.  We were going to try and start work on the garden Saturday but rain took care of that thought so now it'll be another couple of weeks before we get going since the tiller makes the rounds in Angleton to various families.  I'm thinking we'll have a late planting this year, which is really fine with me.  I won't have to worry about a late freeze killing any new sprouts.  I'm still contemplating what to plant this year.  I've had horrible luck with cucumbers and squash.  Tomatoes always do really well and last year I tried my hand at potatoes and jalapenos and they both did well.  Not sure I want to do potatoes again.  Maybe, if I can get a different variety. Good thing I still have some time to decide.  See, Mother Nature was looking after me.  Ha!

I'm going to finish up a St. Patrick's Day wreath this weekend.  I have the fabric and the "wreath" made out of a wire hanger, I just need to cut the fabric and tie.  This is my inspiration...



We'll see how it turns out.  I love the different shades of green I have for mine.  I think my sister is going to be jealous when I'm done seeing that green is her favorite color.  I have some other fabric I've been hanging onto for many years now that came from my Grandma Berger's closet.  I wish now I had taken a lot more (just to have it) but I'm making use of what I've had on hand for all these years waiting for that special something I was going to make with it.  Bella has a baby blanket that was made using a piece of material from that closet.  I also have a quilt my mom had made with some pieces that were already put together.  I will have to take pictures so I can show you here.  Really are special to me.  

I'm off to get a cup of coffee to warm these bones, wrap myself in a quilt and find a small child to snuggle with.  Y'all have a good one. 

No comments: