Monday, April 13, 2015

Pretty Much Sums It Up





No one in our house wanted to get up and get back to the routine this morning.  I gave myself a few extra minutes of sleep this morning since I showered and washed my hair last night.  I usually shower in the mornings but I just felt like one last night.  Good thing for me huh.

Our weekend was pretty low key.  The absolute best highlight was Saturday.  I spent the day with my Aunts, aka...Mom's sisters and my cousin Dina.  They came down for my jewelry party I was having. Talk about laughs, gosh we have such a hooting good time when we are together.  And I will say it again, its like having Mom here when they are around.  Such precious time to be spent.  I truly treasure any time I get to spend with them, any family actually.  Its times like Saturday that I truly miss being younger when I felt like we saw each other on a more regular basis.  It may not have really been all that regular, but it was definitely more than what we see of each other now.  I miss that.  And I tell myself that I need to make time to spend with everyone more.  But its true that it gets harder for everyone because there is always so much going on.  Maybe its just me, but life just seems to be way more busier than it was growing up.  I'm sure that had a lot to do with me just being a kid and having no worries but how much play time I'd get outside before I had to come in for the day. Gosh, those were the days.


I would definitely travel.  I would see all the places I've always wanted to see.  On the way to all those places, I would stop in to visit and spend time with all my family.  Now....I just need to play the lottery.

Y'all have a good one.

No comments: