Wednesday, September 30, 2015

What's Happening

Not much to report in my neck of the woods.  I could lie to you and tell you that I'm doing great and all is perfect.  But I'm not.  I miss Scott, plain and simple.  While the last several months were not the best, I miss what we had when we were together because quite honestly, it was just about perfect.  But then I remember all the reasons why we are not together anymore and that helps.  Just will take some time, and a lot of beer.

In the meantime, my little boo and I have been getting our pumpkin and mum fix.  We hit Lowes this past weekend and walked away with this...


Can we just stop for minute and talk about how big my baby looks in this picture?  I mean seriously, who does she think she is looking all sweet and mature and older than 6 years old?  We had the best time picking out pumpkins and mums.  She decorated the baby ones with paint and glitter and had tons of fun.  


Its little things like that and our walks in the evening time that are helping me stay out of the dark places.  My children are such good therapy for their momma. 

I have another exciting event coming up this weekend.  I'm going to Canton!!!!!!  Yeah baby, I'm so stinkin' excited.  Marilee and I waited too long to get a place booked but we were put on a waiting list for a cabin the Mill Creek Ranch Resort and they came through last weekend for us.  We had made alternate plans to go to Round Top but when they called we decided to go for it and head to Canton.  We won't be driving up until early Saturday morning but we are all so excited about getting together.  Marilee's daughter Cassie and daughter-in-law Lindsey are also going.  This will be Cassie's first time going. We can't wait to get her hooked!  We all have so much fun together. A weekend with girlfriends is just what I need.  Needless to say we are counting down and making our shopping lists.  Can you believe its been two years since we've been?  Crazy that we let that happen again.  

Anyway, here are a few things on my list....

If you recall...I have this wall you see straight ahead as you walk in my front door.  


I still have nothing on the wall.  Oh I've looked at other things over the last two years, even had a picture hanging there before ended up relocating it because it just didn't fit.  There is a wooden & metal star that I looked at two years ago in Canton.  I hem-hawed too long thinking about it because when I went back, it was gone.  I'm thinking that's what I really want for this wall and why nothing else has felt right.  

Other things on my list...
~Candle decor - I don't know what else to call it.  If I get it, I'll take a pic and show you. Ha!
~Tulle for gifts & maybe some Christmas wrapping paper
~Christmas ornament for annual ornament exchange at work
~Cross for necklace (I lost a cross on a necklace the first time I wore it.  Hoping I might be able to find a replacement cross or something else in Canton)
~Random home decor 
~I don't have specific Christmas gifts on my list but if I happen upon something I like, I'll pick it up.  After all, I do have 5 gifts already purchased :)

The thing I love about Canton is that you always find something you weren't looking for that you fall in love with and must have it. You see it and say "oh that's coming home with me". Its awesome.  

I hope y'all are doing well in your neck of the woods. Have a good one! 

No comments: