Friday, November 6, 2015

Life Lately

Here's what's been going on lately.  Absolutely positively nothing at all.  Just the normal curse the alarm when it goes off, get up after hitting snooze a few times, shower, get dressed, go to work/school, come home, get in comfy clothes, cook supper, do homework, watch the Hallmark Channel (cuz hello, Countdown to Christmas has started) and then we fall asleep. That's the gist of our week. I'm not saying there weren't any fits thrown about having to get up in the morning but after I had my coffee, I was a little better.  :)

My children will be with their dad this weekend so I will have all weekend to do whatever my little heart desires.  And you know what?  I have no idea what my little heart desires to do.  I take that back.  I know that some of that time will involve catching up on the shows I have on the DVR, watching more Hallmark, naps and probably some laundry because lets face it....there is always laundry to do.  I also need to put up the little bit of Halloween I have out and pull out the few Thanksgiving pieces I have.  Oh!  I have new Thanksgiving place mats I picked up at Home Goods a while back.  I must put those out.  I was super excited about that find.  

Bella had a major meltdown last night after I mentioned she would be going to her daddy's this weekend.  After we talked for a bit, snuggled and did our nails she was a bit better.  I also told her I would pick her up from daycare today so she could see mommy before she left.  Normally when its a weekend with dad, Christopher will pick her up and they are gone before I get home.  Its a good thing I'm picking her up because we haven't packed her overnight bag which will also include a lot of stuffed animals (her babies).  Gulp!    

As for me, I am doing better every day.  Am I completely over Scott? No, but I am crying a lot less, not what iffing everything and feeling better about myself a little more every day.  Although I have no idea what the kids and I are going to do for Thanksgiving this year, I'm still excited about turkey and dressing!  Honestly, if the kids and I stayed home and I cooked for us, I would be fine with that. As with most gatherings lately, I'm just not feeling it.  I said I was doing better, not great. I will get there.  I know I will.

Oh yes...went to the dermatologist last week for what is supposed to be an annual skin check.  I thought it had been two years since my last visit but I found out from my doctor it had actually been three years.  Big oops.  She did fuss at me a little for not coming in annually so I am going to do my best to schedule this check up when I schedule my mammogram and well-woman check ups.  I did have two spots removed.  Of course she can give me the names of each and every spot on my body but I can't remember any of them.  The one on my arm was a dry spot, almost like a wart.  It would get aggravated sometimes so she froze that one off.  Now the spot on my lower abdomen near my cesarean scar concerned me because I had been watching it and noticed it changing. It didn't concern her by the look of it but because she had removed one on the opposite side several years back and it came back showing A-typical cells I requested this one be removed as well.  The office called yesterday with the pathology results saying the mole had minimal margins of A-typicality, is considered benign and doesn't require further treatment.  However, Dr. Wood does want me to schedule a follow-up in January to check the area to make sure its not re-pigmenting.  I have scheduled that follow-up and we'll get it checked out again in January.  So here's my two bits on this subject....get your skin checked!  And if your doctor says come in every year, do it!  If you are lucky enough to have a significant other, have them look at your backside for areas you can't see.  If something concerns you, don't be afraid to ask. Better safe than sorry.      

Y'all have a super weekend and be good!


No comments: