Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Nothing Much

There is still absolutely nothing going on (exciting) lately at our house.  We had a baby shower this past weekend and I cleaned the garage out Sunday.  That about sums it up.  The cool thing about cleaning the garage out is that we did get rid of Christopher's bike, an old dresser and a old boat Christopher pulled out of the neighbor's trash a while back.  And let me tell you, it was all gone by dark thirty. A couple in a pick up truck stopped to get the bike, one neighbor took the boat and another neighbor took the dresser.  All gone to happy homes.  Woo Hoo!! 

Look! You can walk through the garage and better yet....you can get to my Rubbermaid containers filled with Christmas decorations!!  I did have Christopher set up the tree but we have not decorated it.  Saving that for the turkey holidays because it does take me a few days to transform the house. I love, love, love having a clean and organized garage.  I do wish I had a two car garage but we manage with what we have.


Since I like to do things backwards, here are few pictures from the baby shower Saturday...

Bella and Cassie...

Bella was disappointed the baby wasn't going to be there for her to hold.  Had to explain she was was still growing in Cassie's tummy.

The hostesses served drinks in wine glasses.  Bella asked for some water in a fancy glass just like everyone else.  She thought she was it let me tell you prissing around drinking from her fancy glass.  I see wine tastings in the future with my girl...



After the shower, Bella and I hit up Sonic for a drink   


Sunday evening we started on a project Bella had for school, disguise her turkey so he wouldn't get eaten on Thanksgiving.  We needed more craft supplies so we worked on her story explaining how he disguised himself and then finished up the disguise Monday evening. Her story consisted of the turkey eating lots of cookies and drinking milk to get fatter and then taking clothes from her closet to disguise himself as Santa.  Here is her finished project....


I helped her trace while she cut some of the pieces out and then we tag teamed with glue.  I think he turned out pretty cute and I promise there is a turkey underneath it all.

One other thing Bella and I have been doing is polishing our nails.  I did mine a couple weeks ago and really liked it so its become a ritual two times a week, at least for me.  Once it starts chipping, I get annoyed so I take it all off and put a new coat on.  This is my favorite color from Essie, Mink Muffs.  


We'll see how long this lasts but for now I'm really enjoying having pretty nails and its cheap.  I also am getting better at polishing, not as sloppy and nothing a q-tip and some polish remover can't fix. I'm right-handed so polishing my right hand is pretty comical. Let me tell you, it takes total concentration.  Sticking my tongue out helps too, and I may even hold my breath.  

That about sums up our life lately.  Like I said, nothing much is going on. 

Y'all have a good one!

No comments: