Monday, May 1, 2017

Welcome May


I have realized that I am not the only person who is in shock that today is first day of May.  This year is blowing by faster than ever.  We have four weeks of school left.  I am counting down just like my kiddoes are.  While I am ready for summer break, I am not ready for the summer temps.  I know I whine about this all the time, but I just don't know how I could stand it as a child because back then I LOVED summer time.  I'm just old now I guess.  LOL!!

My sister's softball team has made the play-offs again this year.  The first round was Friday night and they came on strong winning 13-0 in 5 innings.  Next round begins this Friday in La Grange.  I probably will miss the first game since it begins at 6:00 and I have to work until 5:00 but I'll likely travel Saturday to catch Game 2.  Love watching those girls do their thing on the field.

A Dress A Day In May started today.  As you can see, I wore jeans today.


The Port hosts a Take-A-Child Fishing Tournament every year in May.  This year, we are allowed to wear jeans to work along with the current or past TACFT shirt for the next two weeks.  I love jeans so you know I'm taking advantage of that.  Plus it sure makes getting dress every day a lot easier when the only decision I have to make is which shirt I want to wear.  The shirt above is this year's shirt.
I'll pick up DADIM after the fishing tournament.  And who knows, maybe I'll participate on the weekends with a dress or two.

Hope y'all are having a great Monday.  I'm ready to hit the hay.


No comments: