Friday, April 28, 2017

Two Things

Today has me rattled a bit.

I was first hit with the news that someone I met through my ex-husband unexpectedly passed away this morning.  He was my age.  Correction, We also shared a birthday He also shares a birthday with my son.  I am in disbelief as most people are when something like this happens.  I know I have said it here before but I feel I need to repeat it again.  Today is a gift.  Tomorrow is not guaranteed.  Live your life to the fullest every single day and make damn sure your people know what they mean to you.  Tell them every day.  You may never get a chance again.  And please, please...don't live your life angry and bitter.  It only hurts you and those you love in the end.  Its not worth it people.  This gentleman I knew was a character, always happy and always joking around.  He was always kind to me and always made me laugh.  He will be missed by many.

Second rattle....

I pulled into Bucees to get gas this morning.  Just as I stepped out of my car and was trying to pump gas, a man approached me to tell me how much he loved my car.  Asked about pricing, that is was his favorite car and was thinking of getting one himself.  He told me he could tell I was so happy driving this car because I looked so happy.  I was rattled so much that I entered my pin number incorrectly and had to go inside to see the attendant to continue.  I don't know if this man was talking to me very innocently or if he had other intentions.  All I know is it rattled me.  I always try to be aware of my surroundings no matter where I am but damn, this one bothered me.  So my second message to you today is to always be aware, no matter where you are.  Don't think for a minute because you are at a busy gas station nothing will happen because it will.  This is when bad people strike.  Folks these days have their heads down on their phones or in a zone and don't pay attention.  Nothing happened to me thank goodness but just be careful  If it was nothing more than an innocent comment to me by this man, then shame on him for doing it the way he did.  He should know better!

That is all I have today.

Be thankful, be blessed and have a great weekend.


No comments: