Friday, April 7, 2017

Fridaaaaay!


It has been a long week but an awesome week.

Tony got the official word from the doctors Wednesday that he is cancer free!  The pet scan revealed no hot spots, endoscopy only revealed scar tissue and biopsy came back clear.  He has elected to watch and observe, no surgery.  This will entailed a pet scan and endoscopy every 3-4 months. Life is good!

I also received good news yesterday.  I had my follow-up from my second endoscopy.  My ulcer has completely healed, but I did still have signs of gastritis so they did another biopsy and it came back clear.  For now I will continue medication, revisit in 3 months to see how I'm doing and try my best to avoid spicy, acidic, tomato based and citrus foods and juices, you know basically everything I love to eat.  Also limit my intake of coffee, teas, soda and alcohol. I can handle this.  I am also looking into taking a yoga class.  Everything I have read about it is positive and I think it would help reduce my stress and anxiety, or at least help me to deal with it better.  Anyway, I have contacted a place to see if they offer an evening class for beginners.  We shall see.

I am super glad its Friday because that means tomorrow I get to see some kinfolks, and I also get to see momma's sisters and y'all know that makes me very happy.  I still don't have my basket complete but I think I know what else I want to put in there so I will pick those things up on my way home today.  Tonight Miss Bella and I will be making Snickerdoodle Blondies and 7-Layer Dip which is really 5-Layer Dip because we leave two of the layers out.  The blondies is a Pinterest recipe.  Marilee made them for our Canton trip back in October.  I have made them once since and decided these would be a good easy dessert to take for Saturday.  I have everything to make them so that's a bonus and plus, they are sooooo good! I have eggs and candy for Easter egg hunt for the kids, godparent gifts and godson gift.  I think I am good to go. Bella has been counting down to this day all week, and so have I.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments: