Monday, May 10, 2010

A Story...

I hope all of you Momma's out there had a wonderful day.  I had a good day with my babies.  I was a little down this year missing my Mom and also wishing I had my Jace with me, but it was a good day.  Christopher has a heart so full of sweetness and love and I'd like to tell you a little something to give you an idea of just how sweet this boy of mine is. 

Thursday evening my boy comes to me with a pitiful face and sadness in his eyes and says...

Chris:  "Mommy, I want to buy you flowers for Mother's Day but I don't have any money to do it and ProFlowers.com is having a really good deal right now. I can get you flowers with a vase and spa kit for free and its only $19."

Me:  "And you're telling me this because...you want me to get them?"

Chris:  "Yes, its the only way I know how to get them for you.  I'll go to the website & show you, if you will order them and then be surprised." 

So my boy finds the website, shows me the flowers he wants to get, tells me what to put on the card and I order them.  Now maybe you think this is weird but all I saw was how much my son was trying to show me how much he loved and cared about me and how much he wanted to do something for his Mom.  We had them delivered Friday to my work but let me tell you, I was surprised.  I knew what was in the box and I thought I knew what to expect but what I didn't expect was for me to choke up when they arrived and for a tear to fall when I read the card.

My beautiful flowers and card from my babies...


I didn't expect to be so overwhelmed by something I knew was coming but I was because it did end up being a surprise for me.  When I saw him later I told him I got a huge bouquet of flowers at work today and did he know anything about it.  He smiled and said "yes, were you surprised Mommy?"  I told him I most definitely was and it was very sweet of him and Bella to send me flowers. 

Christopher continued the sweetness Sunday morning by making me coffee (his Daddy helped him set up the coffee pot the night before) and biscuits for breakfast.  While that was going, he gave me another big surprise. I received a gift certificate from Jeff and the kids to a spa in town to get a facial and massage. I was truly touched by this gift and wasn't expecting it at all.  We had planned to go shopping later that day to get a ring I have wanted for a very long time.  I debated really hard about going after I received the gift certificate but decided we would go ahead with our plans to treat myself to something special.  The ring is called "Mother's Love"  from James Avery and I love it.  Its something I can wear everyday and I am enjoying having it.  After the ring purchase, we stopped for lunch at a cafe just a few steps away called the Black Walnut Cafe.  We had never been there before.  It was a neat little place and lunch was very good. Christopher and I decided we needed to go there again someday and sit in the big comfy chairs next time. 

Christopher told me early in the day that he thought this would be the best Mother's Day ever...and I think he was right.  I had a great time spending the day with my babies.  The gifts were just added pleasures.  The real gift to me that day was having my babies with me and being able to snuggle with them and love on them.  I always wish Jace was with me too but I know he watches me and takes care of me (us) every day.  I miss him so much but I know he is in a much better place in Heaven.  I wish my Mom was here so I could give her a Mother's Love ring. I thought of her while I was making my purchase yesterday.  In a way, it was for the both of us.    

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. You needed that!!!! And the journey will get better. I love ya little girl. Love Aunt Cheryl