Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Checkin' In

Just checkin' in.  I know I said I would be better about blogging and I've let you down.  I just haven't had the time.  Maybe when baseball ends and softball play-offs are done and school is out and I'm done working on the house, just maybe I'll get better about blogging. 

We made huge progress this weekend on the house.  I have to send out a great big THANK YOU to my family and friends who came over to help me out.  I could not have done it all without their help.  There is still more to get done but I am hopeful now.  My goal is to have a sign in my yard by the end of the month!  I think it can be done, I really do.  We are so stinkin' close!  The painter guy who is painting the outside of the house will start work Monday.  Once the house is painted I will begin the long awaited moment of FINALLY saying good-bye to my precious weed beds and hello to my flower beds.  I have waited seven long years for this moment.  Its so stinkin' close I can almost smell it!  Ha!  Since we are selling the house, I don't want to plant everything so I am going to put a lot of things in containers/pots so I can take them with me.  This does make me sad because I have been planning my flower beds for a long time so to see it all come together and then not really be able to enjoy it breaks my heart.  Same goes for the remodel on the house.   BUT, there are good great things on the other side of this sale that await me and my kids...and THAT I look forward to even more. 

My kids are thriving and growing and changing every day and I am having tons of fun with them. Christopher is playing baseball and getting better with every practice and every game.  Isabella is still taking a bottle at night and still loving her binky...but a little less.  Out of sight, out of mind works wonders for her.  A great big THANK YOU to her daycare for helping me with the binky task.  My little bug is growing every day and such a fun little girl.  I love watching both my kids thrive and accomplish great things. 

Jeff and I are at a really good place with each other. We've had discussions and conversations without getting into arguments. This is what we both have always wanted and what we will continue to make happen. We both have seen other couples who have gone through divorce and its just been nasty and ugly. We've never wanted that. We have kids together and we both still care for each other so we have to make it work for our kids.  We both recently took a class called "For Kids Sake" as a requirement of our divorce.  There was a lot of good information in this class and I am proud to say that it showed the both of us that while there is always room for improvements, we are actually doing a pretty darn good job and have the right mindset when it comes to the well-being of our kids. 

Life is okay.  Its not good but its getting there at a much faster rate than I ever expected.   As I said many times before, I never thought I would be experiencing this particular path in life but I'm embracing it and looking forward to what lies ahead...beyond the pain, beyond the divorce, beyond the sale of my house! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing great! Dancing in the rain ain't so bad after you get the steps down. JP and I became better friends once we divorced. That's why we got back together. Was it worth it? Would I have done it the same way? Yes, I would have because at the time that is what it took to wake us both up. Keep on a-bloggin when ya can. Love Aunt Cheryl :-)