Thursday, November 11, 2010

Good Mornin'

Well good mornin' sunshine!!  And how are you this fine rainy morning?  I'm doing pretty good here.  Its a holiday for me..Veteran's Day...so I'm chilling here at the house before I go get my hair done.  I'm really excited about that because its been quite a while.  The kids are off, the washer is going, the floors are swept, dishwasher is full and I'm about out of coffee.  Of course I'm still in my jammies....well not really because I did have to get out of the car when I took Bella to daycare.  Didn't want to scare everyone, so these are what I call throwndown clothes.  I'm sorry I haven't been around much.  I've had a lot of thoughts but just haven't gotten around to writing them down, but things are good.  Did get a disappointing phone call yesterday.  There was a family looking at my house, saw it three times, asked a lot of questions, blah, blah, blah.  In the end, they decided to go with another home....a newer home.  Bummer.  I can't blame them really.  This one does still need some work but when you look at its size and the potential...WOW!!  Trying to stay positive and hope that another family will come along and this home will be the one for them. 

The kids had a great Halloween. I enjoyed being off that day because Christopher and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen baking cupcakes, roasting pumpkin seeds and cooking.  He is a wonderful little chef and loves to learn new things. We went to Daddy's house later for pizza and trick or treating with my sister's family and our good friends the Hillier's.  Its a tradition that started years ago when the Hillier's oldest daughter was little (she'll be 21 this month) and I was newly married and home by myself on Halloween (Jeff was working).  They stopped by our house while trick or treating and invited me to join them, and that's where the fun began.  We started out trick or treating at a neighborhood near their house but have migrated to Daddy's neighborhood--less chaos and people.  When my sister had kids, she joined us.  I love this little tradition that we have.  We always eat pizza, trick or treat and come back to the house--the kids all go to the back room, sort through the candy and a trading fest begins.  Let me tell you...its a very serious thing with those kids but they have a great time doing it.  And they LOVE passing out candy to the goblins that come to the house..almost more than going out themselves! We love Halloween...always have a great time.  My pictures this year were awful...just awful so I don't have anything to show you.  And I still cannot figure out why my vertical pictures are turning horizontal when I rotate them and save them on my computer??  I need help with that. 

Other than getting through Halloween, we're trucking along just fine.  Gearing up for Thanksgiving, which I'm super excited about and Christmas, which I'm hyperventilating about.  As much as I love this time of year I wish I could make it slow down so I can catch up.  I'm WAY behind on my shopping and I am really fretting it.  I never fret shopping...NEVER!  But I am this year.  But it will be fine and all things will work out.  Right?      

Y'all have a great day....and don't forget to thank a Veteran today. 

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I am so proud of you for getting your hair did! Not that you need it, but I know you were saying it's been a long time.