Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hook 'em Horns

The weekend before Thanksgiving I had the opportunity (for the first time ever) to go see the Longhorns play at home...in Austin...where I had not been in 18 years.  To say I was a little excited was truly an understatement.  One of the ladies here at work is a Texas Ex and gets season tickets to the football games every year.  She knows I'm a huge fan so when she got her tickets this year and knew they would not be able to attend this particular game, she let me know right away.  I asked my cousin Dina to join me because well...
1) she is a huge fan
2) she has been to games before
3) she knows her way around, and most importantly
4) we enjoy spending time together
Her sister Anne joined us and we stayed at a very swanky hotel downtown.  It wasn't really swanky but I thought that sounded a lot better.  All I am really going to say is I had an awesome time at the game.  Our Horns had been on an awful losing streak so I like to think Dina and I brought them some much needed luck because we won that day!  Here is one of the first pictures Dina took of me at the game.  You can't tell it, but I was crying underneath my sunglasses from all the excitement. 


We took this one right before our guys made their entrance....


And this one at the end of the game....



After the game, we met up with Anne and another cousin (Stacy), had dinner and then hit 6th Street.  The evening was filled with great company and a ton of laughs but the highlight of my day was being at the game with my cousin.  I had an awesome time and hope to go again some day and take my son, who I know would enjoy it just as much as I did. 
 

No comments: