Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu

I'm taking a cue from my cousin and sharing my menu for Thanksgiving this year.  My sister and her family will be traveling to Louisiana to spend the holiday with her husband's family so we will have a smaller group.  You would think we'd cut back on our dishes but its Thanksgiving and we must have all of our favorites, small group or not. 

Smoked Turkey
Ham
Dressing
Mashed Tators
Corn
Broccoli/Rice Casserole
Green Beans (this is not definite)
Cranberry Sauce
Gravy
Crescent Rolls
Apple Cobbler
Double-Layer Pumpkin Pie

I think this is everything...and my mouth is now watering!  One of my girlfriends asked me the other day what our menu looked like.  I sent it to her and then added two additional items I forgot.  I still feel like I have forgotten something above.  As I said before, its a lot of food but we simply cannot leave any of our favorites off.  Green beans are in question because we decided to have corn instead--for those who prefer it to green beans.  I however, have found a recipe that I would like to try that puts a twist on the traditional green bean casserole.  Still thinking about it.  And I bet you're wondering where the sweet potatoes are right?  Again, majority is not a fan of them so we have opted not to have them.  Last year I had a recipe I wanted to try with them so they graciously allowed me to make the dish and bring it.  I also would love to add a pecan pie to the desserts.  I've never made a pecan pie but would like to try.  Who knows, maybe if I'm feeling frisky Wednesday when I'm cooking up a storm, I just might give it a whirl! 

1 comment:

caryn said...

thanks for sharing, wishing we lived closer together so we could share our thanksgivings!