Friday, December 31, 2010

Believe

Believe is my word for 2011.

These are just a few things I will work on this year...

Believe things will only get better.
Believe my house will sell.
Believe I really am doing a good job with my children.
Believe I can survive being a single parent.
Believe things don't always have to be perfect.
Believe I can keep moving forward.
Believe in myself.

This list will continue to grow but the the last item is my main reason for choosing believe.  I have to continue to find ways to believe in myself again because it has faded to much of nothing.  Divorce does strange things to you.  You feel a wide range of emotions through it all.  At one time I thought acceptance would be the hardest step for me but it ended up coming easily. The doubts I have in myself have been the hardest to deal with.  I can never remember a time when I have felt this pitiful about myself.  I can't seem to shake it and I don't like it.  I'm hoping with my goals of leaving all of the bad in 2010 and busting down the door in 2011 with a new attitude and a new me, just maybe I can begin to believe in myself again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i decided on cherish

see ya in 2011

j