Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Jace

Eight years ago today I held you for the very last time.  I heard everything that was being said to me but still prayed for a miracle.  I began memorizing everything about you.  Your nose, your chin, your lips, the shape of your eyebrows, your sweet cheeks, your hands, everything.  I studied you like I had never studied anything before.  I didn't want to forget.  I held you so tight that day, not wanting to let go, not wanting to leave you...you were my baby.  When I close my eyes I can see everything I memorized, I can smell you and even feel a slight breath on my skin.  Not a day goes by you are not with me in my thoughts and my heart, and every now and again I imagine you running around with your brother and your cousins being such a little boy and it warms my heart.  The tears still fall, unexpectedly sometimes, but the smiles are more frequent. You are loved and you are missed my son and I thank you for all you have taught me. 

1 comment:

caryn said...

there are no words, but sending hugs and lots of love your way!