Thursday, August 11, 2011

Anybody Home?

I know, I know...I'm a bad blogger.  But really I have a very good excuse...computer is still not hooked up at the house.  Believe me, I hear about this on a regular basis from my son. 

Chris:  "Mom, when are we hooking up the computer?"
Me:  "We have a computer?"
Chris:  "Don't be silly..."
Me:  "I have no idea what you are talking about son"
Chris:  "no, for real"
Me:  "I am being for real"
Chris: "You're losing it"
Me:  "I think I lost it a loooong time ago"
Chris:  "are you going to answer my question?"
Me:  "what question was that?"
Chris:  "oh my gosh!"
Me:  "what?"

And it continues until I think he's had enough...or I have and that can last for days.  Haha!

So life is moving by at a rapid pace.  The summer has just about come to an end....well summer vacation from school.  It has zipped by.  Paul Franklin's visit was entirely too short.  Miss that kid already but hoping he'll make it back down in October for the BBQ Cook-Off.

Christopher is in Austin this week visiting his Grandma Brenda, aunts, uncles and cousins.  He must be having a great time because I hardly hear from him (the little stinker).  Think I'll do to him what he did to me all those years ago when he was just a toddler and Mommy went to Canton for the very first time....ignore him and not want to have anything to do with him when he comes home.  That'll teach him!  Yea...I won't do that but I will hug him and squeeze him and pet him and call him George. AND.....kiss him all over his face!!

Miss Bella has been going through some withdrawals this week.  With Paul Franklin leaving on the 1st and her brother leaving a few days after that, she has been more clingy than usual.  She asks where they are every day...and every time she hears a noise in the house she says, "bubba?"....so sweet how much that girl loves her boys.  She is turning into quite the little diva and I will say that thrills me to no end.  We have fun donig hair, makeup and nails.  And independent..."no mommy, I do it".  She is a fun mess.

Me....well I'm doing good.  I've recently had some dear friends enter back into my life and they have graciously allowed me to hang out with them from time to time.  I can't tell you how much it has meant to me.  We all hung out together in high school and well some of us even before then and it seems like no time has passed...we've just picked up right where we left off and I'm loving every minute of my time with them.  They are great friends and love them all dearly. 

I'm still house hunting but there is a prospect, a very good one I might add.  Keeping my fingers crossed it all works out.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

No comments: