Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My House

Here it is...my house! 


I did it all on my own. I had a little advice and guidance from my awesome Daddy and big brother but for the most part, I did it.  I took the plunge back into being a homeowner, and it feels awesome.  Ok well maybe I might also be feeling some anxiety at times thinking "holy shit what have I done?!"  but mostly awesome.  I was standing in the kitchen the other day just grinning with excitement.  We aren't moved in yet but I can't wait to get us in there and start making memories.  My babies are so excited about the house...Chris was disappointed I hadn't moved us over the weekend while they were with Jeff but things just didn't work out.  Finally got the gas turned on yesterday...still not sure why they ignored my request (don't they know who I am?) for it to be turned on last week but I'm willing to overlook that this one time.  The blinds were hung up Monday and they made the house look so different...a good different.  I've been picking up things here and there that we'll need and taking a load of stuff with me every time I go to the house.  Once we are moved and I get it all fixed up, I'll snap some pictures and share them with you.  I have lots of ideas, some that have been with me for a very long time and some Canton finds that I picked up a couple years ago that never made it to a place at the Western house because well, that whole life took a different path thing which by the way, I see as a blessing now.  And just so you know...I am traveling back to Canton this year so there is no telling what I'll come back with for the new home.  So yes, there is excitement, happiness and new beginnings in my life and I am welcoming it with open arms. 

Now...if someone could please send me PRINCE CHARMING in the form of a cowboy who will twirl me around the dance floor I will be in hog heaven! 

P.S.  George Strait would be AWESOME!!  K, thanks!     

No comments: