Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Dress A Day In May

Ok...so I accepted the challenge to try "A Dress A Day In May".  I included the link in my last post but I'm including it again if you're curious and want to check it out.

 http://dressadayinmay.com/about/

My cousin Caryn paticipated in it last year and mentioned it again on Facebook last week so I decided to give it a go.  As it warms up, I like to wear dresses and skirts anyway so why not shoot for every day.  The challenge for me is continuing this on the weekends...and taking the pictures to post.  We're just a group of ladies trying to share wardrobe ideas, maybe change the way we look at our own wardrobe, mix it up a bit by using what we have.  I like how most of the ladies tell where they got their dress, shoes and accessories from. My problem...crappy memory.  I'm good to remember what I did last week, much less where I bought the current dress I'm wearing.  Having said that, I do recall some of my purchases because they were a great deal or a special occasion. The jewelry, not so much because I have quite the collection!

I picked up on this challenge Day 8.  Here are my days thus far...

Day 8 
Little Black Dress - Palais Royal

 
Day 9
Brown Skirt is from Kohl's...recently purchased.
Other Stuff - Back of my closet!
Bella's skirt and top are from Tar-jay! :)


Day 10
Dress - The Limited
Cardigan - Tar-jay
Shoes - Payless

 
Day 11
I blew it this day

Day 12
Wore a cute little sundress but didn't get a picture. :(

 
Day 13
Mother's Day

 
Day 14
Monday Blahs

 
Day 15
Again...particpated but didn't get a picture. 

 
Day 16
Little Blue Dress - Palais Royal
Shoes - Payless

There you have it up to today.   I'll try and keep you updated on my wardrobe as the weeks go by.  I'm fairly certain with skirts I have, that I can make it through the month without NEEDING to shop.  I'm not saying that won't happen but I think its a great excuse to add to my closet, don't you?  Especially shoes.  I really need another cute pair of black heels.  :) 

Have a good one!

No comments: