Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Boy & A Giant Metal Chicken

My son is off to Austin for almost 2 weeks.  Gonna miss that kid.  Aunt Kim has tons of fun stuff planned for him and his cousin Caela.  I know he's in great hands but I'll still miss him like crazy.  I loved our one-on-one time in the car yesterday.  It's rare we get that without the 3 year old hollering at us every minute.  Don't get me wrong, we love her but quiet mommy/son time is precious.  :)

I love this kid...


After I delivered the boy to Kim and FORCED myself to head back home, I ran a couple errands.  Needed some frames for the kids' baby pictures and also had to return some stuff to Victoria's Secret.  I decided to pop into Home Goods while I was nearby and look what I found standing there in all her glory!!

Knock-Knock, ....!!


If you don't know the story behind this giant metal chicken, aka Beyonce, you can go HERE to read about it.  I promise, it will make you laugh.  This story started the craze and search for a giant metal chicken between me and several of my girlfriends.  You don't know how badly I wanted to buy her yesterday but at $200, I had to let her stay.  It was hard to let her go.  Oh the fun I would have with her, my family and friends.  I have so many devious plans.  And what a beautiful addition she would make to our home.  :)

I didn't leave Home Goods empty handed, I did pick the basket on the left which now proudly sits in my room and collects dirty laundry. 


All in all, it was a good middle of the week day off.  Now, I just need to make it through this day and then I'm off for a 3-day weekend minus the kids.  What in the world will I do?

Have a good one...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad you didn't get her but $200 is pretty steep. I still giggle at the 'knock knock...' don't even have to finish it! You really can't finish it. Lol