Wednesday, August 21, 2013

So Not Ready For School To Start

My son and I agree that neither of us is ready for school to start come Monday morning.

My work days have been so busy that when I get home in the evening I am plum tuckered out.   I certainly haven't been cooking a lot.  I have had peaks where I would cook a lot, especially while my nephew was here but that pretty much came to a stop when he left.  I'm horrible.  I know this.  I have been flipping through crock pot recipes trying to find some things that my children might eat.  Christopher has gotten better with age (don't we all?) about what he will eat and try but the resident four year old, Lord help us all.  As of late, this child has become picky about her chicken nuggets!  I am trying but my patience is running thin in the "what can I feed my children" department.  I really want to introduce some new menu items but most of what I suggest receives a turned up nose.  Often times, if I am able to throw a dish together without the children around and it smells yummy while its cooking and/or baking, they are ready to try when it comes out.  Not always the case.  Would be awesome if I were a SAHM and could have it going by the time they got home. No go for that.  I'll figure something out.  In the meantime, I am going to keep perusing recipes for new ideas and try to get into the swing of things for the new school year.  I'm moving forward thinking positive that this will be a great school year!  I hope it is for y'all as well. 

Have a good one!

 

No comments: