Friday, December 27, 2013

Happenings

Oh my...a lot has been going on since last Saturday.  Let me see if I can get you caught up.

Saturday we were in Bay City celebrating Christmas with my Mom's family when my brother walks in, asks me for the keys to my car and then casually mentions that Chris fell out of a tree.  I seriously thought he was joking.  He tells me he's not and he needs to go pick him up because the boys couldn't carry him anymore.  Inside I'm freaking out but I'm trying to stay calm until I know exactly what's going on.  I'm told he sprained his ankle.  Flashback to Bryan falling out of the tree, emergency room, chainsaw, broken ribs, etc, etc.  We pull up and he's grinning so I know he's okay.  We load him up and take him back to the clubhouse to get ice on his ankle and yeah...it was swollen.  The story is he and his cousins were playing hide n seek.  He climbed in a tree to hide, wanted to go higher, pulled on a limb to go up and it broke sending him out of the tree.  Poor kid.  Skip to Monday...he's still hurting and can't put a lot of weight on his foot.  He's walking but it hurts.  My sister and her connections get us into the orthopedic doctor in town.  An examination, questions and couple x-rays later, we find that it wasn't just a sprain but he broke his ankle.  And might I add, he did a dang good job of doing it.  See below...


Even better news...he needs surgery!  Oh my boy was not happy at all...and I didn't blame him.  Poor kid finally finds a sport he loves in running and now he's out for the spring. Surgery is scheduled for the morning after Christmas. 

Bright and early December 26th prepped and ready for surgery....

 
Here is what his ankle looked like before he went in....bruising and still swollen but let me tell you something. this kid was WALKING ON IT!! High tolerance for pain people, that's all I can say!
 
 
Two screws later, new footwear for about 6 weeks....
 
 
He did so good.  I was so proud of him. He is very much like his mother in that he worries and he was very nervous. We both were but he handled it all like a pro.  No funny stories to tell about him in recovery, he just couldn't believe it was over.  For him, it was very quick.  Dr. McDonald said everything went perfect, that you couldn't even see the fracture line anymore, that the screws were doing their job.  Yay!! 
 
Interesting week to say the least but my boy is doing fine.  Pain pills make him very sleepy so he is resting good. 
 
So Christmas Eve, my girl wants to play with my phone. She has games on it and she loves to play the new Duck Dynasty game I have on it now.  Her and bubba's favorite at the moment.  A little while later I get my phone and find she has taken a bunch of selfies.  Oh I laughed.  It made my day.  I made a collage of all of them.
 
Merry Christmas Mommy!!  Silly girl!
 
 
 
Later that afternoon we went to Dad's for the Berger/LeBlanc Christmas....lots of food and presents later, we were ready to head home and get ready for Santa to come see us!!
 
 Me and my boy...
 
My little family...
 
And I took absolutely NO pictures Christmas Day with my babies.  I think I was still trying to wake up.  My children woke me up at 6 a.m.!!  Good thing I had plenty of coffee.  We had a great day.  Their dad came to get them around lunch to have Christmas with him and I will get them back Saturday afternoon.  A little quiet time for mom, but I miss them so much.  Its almost too quiet in the house when they are gone.  Back at work today for a little while and then the weekend!! You know how I love Fridays and the weekend.  Was supposed to be off a few days next week but I believe I will be working now.  Oh well! 
 
Y'all have a good one!
 

No comments: