Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday Small Things

I have always said the small things in life mean the most to me.  A few things happened today to make my heart smile so I thought I would share some of those moments with you along with a few others that have happened recently..

When my niece calls or texts me to ask what shoes would go best with this or that, or which outfit do I like better.  Sometimes I wonder why, out of all the people she could call on, she asks me but I do love being the "go-to" Aunt.  :)

When my son's friends call me Momma...and will give me hugs and holler "I love you" in front of others.  Yes, they are all teenagers and no, I don't bribe them with anything.

That I am called Aunt by my heart nieces and nephews and that these same nieces and nephews, as well as my children, have gotten into arguments with other kids about whether or not they are cousins. To them they totally are! True story.  They are very passionate about being family and those they call family!

That I have family and friends I may not see very often but can always call or text and pick up right where we left off.  This blog also helps keep us in touch. 

That my Aunt Carolyn will call or text me every now and then to check on me and the children or just simply say "hello, I'm thinking about you".  She's does it more often since my divorce.  It always makes my heart smile.  Added bonus is that every single time I've asked her about a recipe, she always has an answer for me.

That my family relies on me to coordinate, set, plan, schedule (however you want to put it) family get togethers, family dinners, holidays, etc. I would be lying if I didn't say it gets to be overwhelming at times but I do love it.  I sometimes think we would never see each other if I didn't try.

For as long as I can remember, my brother has brought me his Christmas gifts to wrap for him, even if its just a bottle of wine.  And no, I don't mind at all. I love it!  He always buys a roll of giftwrap however, this year I asked for scotch tape.  I will probably be devastated when that special someone makes their way into his life and my gift-wrapping days will cease.  Somehow I think I won't have too terrible a time getting over it.

I have meals that my children, nieces and nephews request me to make for them.  I have achieved that status of having "that dish" and actually, I have more than one dish!!  Its a great feeling.

I hope y'all are noticing the small things as well.  Have a good one!

No comments: