Friday, February 21, 2014

Garden Planning


Brother is coming over tomorrow to start moving dirt around so we can plant our garden for the second year in a row.  Woo Hoo!!  I really do love having a garden y'all, its so fun and relaxing.  And the best thing, other than having fresh vegetables, is the kids really enjoy it too. They get excited when its finally time to picking all those yummy vegetables, even though they don't eat most of them.  Well, Bella doesn't and Christopher eats the green beans and cucumbers. 

I'm thinking of adding some things to the garden this year.  Here's how my list is looking so far...
  • Cucumbers
  • Squash
  • Green Beans
  • Tomatoes
  • Purple Hull Peas
  • Tators
  • Jalapenos
  • And of course....flowers!
I also am seriously thinking about planting a lemon or lime tree...or maybe both!  Always wanted one so why not?  What's stopping me?  I think its the mentality I had for years that I needed approval to move forward with an idea.  I don't need that now...just need to get out of that old mentality. 

Enough about mentality and my issues.  Where did that come from anyway?

Getting back to my garden.  I am also thinking I want a trellis of some sort for my cucumbers.  Found this idea on Pinterest (thanks Sherri!)...

 
This trellis is awesome but I think a flowering vine would look much better on it...
 
I am also thinking about adding little signs throughout my garden. 
 
 
"No weeds here", "Squash this way", "Cutting flowers over yonder"...you get the point. 
 
And a bottle tree...
 
 
 
Wouldn't that be gorgeous with all the colors and the sun hitting it?  I think so. 
 
Here's what my garden looks like in my head....amazing isn't it?
 
 
Some day I will have the land and the means to do this.  Dream big or don't dream at all.  Hey...I dreamed big for prince charming and he finally showed up :). 
 
Y'all have a good weekend.  I hope you get to play in dirt too!
 

No comments: