Thursday, May 22, 2014

No Passing Zone

I am finding out more and more each day that as I grow older and the longer I am on my own, the less shit I tend to put up with. Things that I used to let roll all over me are now stopped with a huge "no passing zone" sign, the look of "don't you even think about it" or the ever popular "that's just not good enough" attitude.  Sometimes I'm not at all sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.  I'm setting some pretty high standards and I'm just not putting up with as much as I have before. I'm standing up for myself (and my children) more and getting rid of the things that suffocate me or put off tons of negative energy. Pettiness and those so-called friends have no room in my life.  I still have more growing and standing up to do but I'm making progress since my life changing divorce back in 2010 and I think its significant progress, just ask the ladies in my circle, they will tell you. 

No comments: