Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Did I Mention...

This is also happening....



Oh yes, you are seeing that very well.  That is my son with a driver's permit in hand.

Yep, I know... I died too.

A lot of change going on in our home the last few weeks and I'm not at all certain I'm handling it very well. Most days I think I am but then days like yesterday happen and I'm a bucket full of anxiety as I wait to see my daughter to make sure she made it through her second day of school.  I can tell you the first time this happened....


My heart about popped out of my chest.  He did a great job but I had the biggest lump in my throat the entire hour long drive.  I know it was a mix of "holy hell, my son is driving my car" and "oh my gosh, my baby is really driving" to "please God, let him get us home".  I knew I would not handle this driving thing well at all. My anxiety has been building ever since I signed the boy up for the class.  I finally understand the levels of anxiety, the hours of worry my parents felt every time I left the house by myself when I first began driving.  I get it.  I feel sick now just thinking about it.  Will he pay attention at all times?  Will he leave all that other shit alone in the car and focus on the task at hand?  I now wish we had lived out of town on acreage for me to let him practice driving or taken him to the fairgrounds in town to drive around.  Something, anything.  I should have done more because maybe then, I'd feel a little less anxious when he gets behind the wheel.  

Who am I kidding...I would feel anxious no matter the situation. 

No comments: