Tuesday, August 26, 2014

When Did This Happen?

I have a Freshman and a Kindergartener in the same house....

 
 
Aren't they sweet?  I sure think so, but then I am their momma. 
 
And when did this sweet thing grow up and start school? 
 
 
 
All was well and good and exciting...until mommy had to leave her.  Then came the tears.  I told her how much I loved her, how awesome kindergarten would be, how much fun she would have and that she would see mommy later.  Another teacher took her hand because they had to go and I watched her walk away in tears....and then I fell apart. Yep, I'm the mommy who was crying in front of all the other "strong" mommies.  I can't help it.  When it comes to my children, I'm a bit emotional.  Okay. I'm a lot emotional.  Are you happy? 
 
I went back to have lunch with my girl to check on her and she was having a much better time.  We both were so excited to see each other.  She even ate a little bit of her lunch.
 
 
 
My departure was much easier the second time around.  She gave me a hug and a kiss and said "see you later mommy".  No tears were shed by either of us.  When I picked her up that afternoon, she climbed in the car saying "I had a good day mommy".  I loved it. 
 
And then this morning I was dropping her off at school and watched her walk in all by herself.  My little girl....being brave and grown up....and I died....and fell apart.  Not as bad as yesterday but there were tears. 
 
Miss Priss this morning....
 
 
I'm having the hardest time adjusting.  I've always been away from her during the day. I've always been a working momma, but today I miss her so very much.  I have an ache in my heart and a lump in my throat.  I don't remember being this bad with Christopher.  I cried the first day of school but I wasn't a weepy pitiful mess after that.  Is this because she's my baby?  I don't know.  What I do know is that I can't wait for 5:00 to get here so I can rush home to see her and hear all about her day. 
 
 
Christopher is adjusting to high school just fine, even made the comment yesterday..."I think I'm going to like high school a lot better than I thought".  whew!  maybe we're on the right track...this is a good way to start to the year.  He's been running cross country for 3 weeks now, and has had to be up at the school at 6:15 for the last week so we've all adjusted to that early wake up call.  Actually, it really helped get us ready for this week when school started.  He's made great improvement since last year and his coaches are very impressed with him and his hard work.  Let's just hope this flows over into his schoolwork. Please Lord let it flow over!! 
 
Y'all have a good one!

No comments: