Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Cook-Off And Other Stuff

Cook-off begins tomorrow (well set-up is tomorrow) and I'm not ready.  To be honest, I'm just not looking forward to it like I usually do.  I'm hoping that will all change once I get out there.  We shall see.

I have decided what I'm going to make and submit for Friday Night Feast, just need to pick everything up tonight. I also need to finish the sponsor sign so the guys can have that to hang up Thursday when they set up.

We were off Monday for Columbus Day.  As I was folding laundry and making my lists, I kept thinking it sure would have been nice to have the whole week off so I decided that if we do this next year, I'm going to see if I can work that out.  There's just so much running and prepping to do that it would be nice to have days and evenings to get everything done.  This whole work thing is getting in the way.  Ha!

Oh yes...have to share this with y'all.  Not that you want to know my lady business but I had my well woman check up Monday.  Nothing like a visit to your ob/gyn to remind you that you're getting old...

Doc:  Do you have someone checking your skin? Your skin is showing your age.
Me:  Yes I do.  My appointment is actually already scheduled for later this month.
Doc: Good. Your skin has that look so you really need to have a skin check every year now.

That look?  Of what?  Too much sun in my teen years without sunscreen.  And I was feeling pretty good about myself Monday. That blew it to shit.  I had prepared myself for her to drop the M word again because she did that to me last year.  And yes, by the M word I do mean MENOPAUSE.  Quite frankly, I'm ready for it.  I already get the hot flashes and night sweats so what else is there other than mother nature not punishing me each month for not being pregnant?  To be honest I've been over the headaches and cramps for years now.      

I'm off to go do this work thing.  We're having dinner with Daddy and Lena tonight and then I'll be hitting up the grocery store to pick up supplies for cook-off and stock up the house.  We are out of mustard at home.  How the hell that happened I have no idea.  We are never out of mustard. Crazy. I'm still having issues with that one.

Y'all have a good one.
 


No comments: