Monday, October 26, 2015

This Kid


This stud right here finished up cross country at the District meet the week of the cook-off.  He was one spot shy of going as a back up runner for Regionals. He was a little disappointed he didn't make it but proud of himself for pushing as hard as he did this year.  I discovered during his meets this year that I'm not very good at taking pictures and cheering at the same time, especially when he is coming to the finish line.  I'm screaming like a crazy person encouraging him to run hard, push hard and finish strong.

These were some non-blurry pictures I managed to snap at the meet in Huffman. They had a heckuva hill to climb...twice!  I asked him about that hill after the race and his response was "it was a bitch mom".  Nuff said.




That last picture has to be my favorite.  I had no idea Bella was even in the background running up the hill until I was looking at the pictures later.  Notice she has a big ole smile, he does not.  ha!  

I'm so proud of this kid for working so hard this year, not just in cross country but with his grades as well.  He made the A-B Honor Roll the first six weeks.  I asked him how he felt.  He said good and proud.  I told him to remember that feeling.  So stinkin' proud of him.  Keep up the good work my son.   

No comments: