Wednesday, September 21, 2016

This n That

Apparently I'm having trouble blogging these days. I really don't have anything newsworthy to report.  This is the only recent picture on my phone...


And that was almost two weeks ago!  I have my niece & nephew's soccer and football schedules saved to my pictures but that's it.  Sad.  I finally put up my fall decor this past weekend.  My apologies to my friend Steffani for giving her such a hard time for not having hers up yet.  In all fairness, I really wasn't giving her a hard time, I was more surprised it wasn't up when she noted it on FB (insert big cheesy smile).

I have to say, with it still being a thousand degrees outside, I just have not been feeling it-LITERALLY!!  I lit my pumpkin candles and thought that might help. Eh, not so much.  I looked around at everything and was just blah.  I don't know what my problem is.  Maybe its the weather. Maybe I'm just tired.  I decided I would probably go ahead and pull out my Halloween decor this weekend, see if adding that to the mix will help.  Maybe then I'll find my other coffee cups that are MIA.  Who knows what I was thinking when I put them up last year.  I'm sure in my head, it was a great idea.  ha!  

Oh hey, here's something newsworthy!!

CANTON IS NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so ready for that.  I also took an extra couple days of vacation so I will wind up with a 5 day weekend. Hallelujah!!  I was telling the girls that I really don't have any big things on my list this year to look for so I'll just get to kind of look around and see what I find.  We are hoping a cold front will find its way down by next weekend to make it a little cooler.  That would be awesome.   

The truth is, I live for my weekends these days so I can mentally rest.  It is so crazy busy at work during the week that I am plum exhausted by Friday.  Don't even get me started about finding energy in the evenings to do homework, cook, clean up and all those other fun mommy things that have to be done during the week.  Bella's teacher told us at Open House last week that she's not going to punish them if they don't get homework completed for the week, its more for practice.  She's a working mom of a 1st grader so she totally understands getting home from work and just wanted to have a little down time.  Its been hit and miss most of the time.  I cheer out loud when Bella tells me she has done all her homework, mommy just needs to check it.  Its the little things that are huge these days.

A little update on me and honey.  We are still together however, honey is going through a very difficult time right now with some things in his life.  I am still here for him and one of his biggest supporters (right behind his momma).  We talk every few days or every week.  On occasion its daily and that makes me very happy.  His main focus is on himself right now, and that's where it needs to be.  We discussed breaking up but couldn't do it and honestly, didn't want to.  There are days when I think I am absolutely nuts for staying with this man and allowing the separation but things may change tomorrow.  I don't really know.  What I do know is that I'm here supporting him, encouraging him and not giving up on him.  Today I'm totally okay with just that.

Have a good one y'all.


No comments: