Thursday, September 1, 2016

September


I truly wish it was "just like that", but I live in Southeast Texas so summer will unfortunately stick with us a little while longer.  That doesn't keep me from getting excited to see the first cool front arrive or keep me from decorating my house with all things Fall (insert big cheesy smile).  All Americana decor will be brought down this weekend and slowly replaced with pumpkins and turkeys, and come October....ghosts and witches!  Pumpkin everything, everywhere!  Oh man do I love this time of year!

Confession time.  I pride myself in being able to wait until September 1st to appreciate all things Fall.  Like pumpkin candles, pumpkin coffee, decorating, lotions, all of it.  Its not really a rule but I try really hard to hold off until September.  I didn't make it this year.  Target put out my pumpkin spice coffee and I couldn't help myself.  I've been indulging for about 2 weeks now.   I also may or may not have used my lotion a couple of times this week as well.  I know, I know, slap my wrist and tell me I'm a horrible person. I have been in a depressed funk lately so I thought I would allow myself these treats as a pick me up. Did it work?  A bit, but I'm still in a funk.  


Its true, I love Autumn.  It makes me happy.  I am hoping the change in months will help with my funky state of mind.  The decor and seeing my Crazy Cousins this weekend in Nada for the church picnic will help as well.  I will tell you these first two weeks of school have been pure hell.  I We have never had this rough a start to the school year as this one.  Chris had a mess with his schedule that consumed us the first week of school and by the third day, Bella was over all things school related.  We got Christopher's schedule squared away.  He's not happy but its what we have to do for now.  Bella is still whining every day so I try to give her something positive to think about in the morning.  Something to look forward to.  And if I'm being honest, the positive outlook is for me as well. Work is super busy and at times very overwhelming.  I have found that I just need to slow down but continue to stay on top of all my work.  I also need to learn how to say "no". I'm always willing to help out other departments but sometimes I have too much on my plate so it's just not doable, and that is okay. 

I am also reminding myself daily that I need to just get over it because truthfully, these are all very little things compared to what my other friends and family have happening in their lives.  


Yes, September is here and I am ready for the cool fronts to blow in nothing but good things. 


No comments: