Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A New School Year

And so it begins....another school year.  Summer vacation has come to an end and early mornings are here to stay for the next 9 months. 

Christopher was up and out the door by 6:00 a.m. so he could make cross country practice before school.  I feel very confident that he would have given me the finger if I had asked for a picture at that time of the morning.  ha!  Seriously, my son has NEVER reacted that way to his momma.  He would have just walked away and not looked back.  Just like his momma, he is not a morning person.  
Timehop provided a picture of my boy for me though.  Look at that sweet face....


Bella however, woke up excited about the first day of school.  She was up, dressed and ready to walk out the door long before momma was ready.  


I was so proud of my little nugget.  I walked her into the school and quickly noticed all of the parents were dropping off and leaving (sniff, sniff). I tell Bella that mommy has to go and she says "ok". There was no crying, no clinging, no "I want you to stay with me", nothing.  "Ok" she says, and gives me a hug, kiss and a big ole smile.  I turn to leave and find myself welling up with tears.  She was the brave one yesterday.  Not mommy.



Happy First Week of School!


No comments: