Monday, August 1, 2016

MIA & Vacation Rewind

I know, I know, I've gone missing for almost a month but we've been busy having fun and relaxing.  Every time I thought about writing, something else would get my attention and no writing would happen.  We left off with great anticipation of my upcoming vacation. I can't tell you the excitement I felt that Friday I woke up and didn't have to drag myself to work.  This time off was very much needed.  I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of my co-worker Callie.  She filled in where she could for me while I was gone.  This allowed me to spend my time away from the office and not have to come in.  Hallelujah!  It started off a bit rough and ended rough.  Fridays can be that way sometimes, but we worked through everything with phone calls and text messages.

The first leg of our vacation was at Leisure Resorts in Fentress, TX.  This place is nestled between Luling and San Marcos on the San Marcos River.  It was so much fun.  I had forgotten just how much I really loved floating the river, but I was quickly reminded after our first float.  Along that float and many times afterwards, I proclaimed my love of the river versus the beach.  No comparison for me.  I prefer the river any day.  We went up Friday afternoon and came back Monday afternoon.  Our group took up a good portion of the camp area.  We all stayed in cabins (us), campers or tents.  I didn't get any pictures on this portion of the trip.  My phone stayed at the cabin the entire time we were there. Sad I didn't get any pictures of our camp, the river, our floats or anything but it was nice to disconnect for those days.  Glenn did get a group picture of everyone before we all went our separate ways Monday afternoon.


That's a good looking and super fun crew right there!  I have made a deposit for next year and plans are in the works to make it even more fun and exciting than this year. I have to tell y'all, what was really nice about this resort is it is family oriented, not a lot of college kids drinking and carousing. I mean, the adults were drinking but not in a let's get loud and obnoxious kind of way.  It was so relaxing, friendly people everywhere and everyone looking out for each other.  Just good family fun. 

So Monday morning we had breakfast with everyone and then went back to begin packing up to head home.  We made it home to unpack river stuff, load up beach house stuff and head to Surfside until Friday morning. Let me back up a bit and tell y'all that Saturday morning I was sitting on the porch of my cabin enjoying my coffee while perusing FB when I see a post by my brother that they had a Saturday morning surprise.  My Coastie nephew came down for the beach house!  Of course, he teased his Aunts that he was leaving Monday morning because he knew we wouldn't be back in town until Monday afternoon.  That was soon squashed because my Daddy loves his girls and takes care of us.  He made our brother send us a message to let us know that Paul would be at the beach house all week, that we didn't need to come home early....because that's precisely what we were planning to do!
I stunk at taking pics on vacation this year but I did get some with our Pooh Bear....

 
  

Perfect timing!  Paul the photo bomber!


That last one of me on the beach was taken with my sister's phone.  I wanted proof that I actually did make it down to the beach. Ha! 

My time off was so much appreciated.  I was semi-ready to come back.  I wanted more time to do things at home but was also ready to get back to routine.  I did have a rough couple of days after coming back.  The downside of being gone for week, feeling completely lost when you get back and not knowing what is going on at work. :)

Christopher started Cross Country practice this morning.  He will be in a mood about mid-week once all that running hits his body and he gets really sore.  Price to pay when you don't run all summer. #ouch

Bella will be volleyballing with my sister at the HS while Chris is practicing.  Sure do appreciate her allowing my girl to hang out with them during this time.  It saves me in child care for another 3 weeks.  We won't talk about how that has gone up along with everything else.  #sucksbeinganadultsometimes

By the way, can you even believe its August?!!?  

I heard a rumor Bath & Body Works has pumpkin everything in stock.  

I confirmed that rumor to be true this past Saturday.  I bought myself a treat for surviving school shopping with the 17 and 7 year old.  

The 3-wick candles were buy one, get one free.  Score!!!!!!!!  

Until next time....y'all have a good one!


No comments: