Monday, August 8, 2016

A Taste of 1964

Saturday afternoon I cleaned out my closet, pulled out some clothes that have seen their better days and the ones that don't care for my size anymore.  Traders! 

A while back, I received my mom's wedding dress from her sisters.  There isn't much left of it since it was discovered in the attic of their parent's house but its still her dress and for now I'm holding onto it as I may have something made out of it at a later date.  It has been in a bag in my closet so as I was cleaning it out, I decided I would put it in my hope chest with her veil which is still in very good condition.  Take a look...


I sent this picture to my sister who asked if I was playing dress up.  My reply was of course because we always try things on when we are cleaning stuff out and organizing.  She agreed.   If I could have put her dress on, I totally would have done that as well. Ha!  

Here is my beautiful momma in her gorgeous dress and veil in 1964...
 


A black & white of me just because...


The older I get, the more I hear that I look just like my momma.  
A beautiful compliment indeed.


1 comment:

Steffani said...

That wedding picture is a treasure! Stunning!