Sunday, February 12, 2017

Rants

I'm sitting outside cooling off after raking and bagging all the leaves that had piled up by the front of the house. 3 bags total. Not bad at all. The back yard will be a different story. I will save that for another day and after Christopher runs the mower over the yard. It's good for the yard but some leaves will have to be bagged up because there are just too many.

My point to this rant is that it's too freaking hot for February.  I should not be sweating this much already. I'm not even going to think about what it will be like in the summer. I so look forward to cooler temps but they pretty much neglected us this year. My fall/winter wardrobe were barely dusted off. You know what would be super awesome? We are always having a warmer than normal winter. Let's have a cooler than normal summer!  All those in favor raise your hands. I have both of mine in the air.  Lol! Wouldn't that be something.

In other news, I turned 45 yesterday. FORTY-FIVE. Can you tell I'm having issues with birthdays this year? Most days I don't feel like I've reached this young age however, today is the exception. Working in the yard reominds me that I'm not a young whippersnapper anymore. I'm fairly certain y'all will hear me scream when I roll out of bed tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning...that's a whole other story.  Remember all that heartburn I mentioned a while back. Well after 5 days of it I went to the doctor because 5 days of heartburn just wasn't normal for me. Two days isn't normal. After he poked, tugged, listened and asked a lot of questions, he deduced it was stress induced gastritis and gave me some meds to treat it but  also referred me to a gastroenterologist for an endoscopy. Apparently it's time to have this done since I'm OVER 40, and since I'm having issue, good to have everything checked out. I'm so happy. Not. So far they are not helping with the stress. I have insurance and while I am super grateful for it, I will still be dropping $800 tomorrow morning for my procedure. Yay me! Anyway, I am hoping and praying all will check out fine and I will not be required to take medicine all the time. I might mention that my blood pressure and EKG were ideal so stress affects me in other ways I guess. Hey, on the bright side of things, I get an extra day off of work!!

I guess I have cooled off enough and should get back to my yard work. Darn the luck, a cool front didn't blow in while I was resting. Ha!

No comments: