Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Be Gentle February

Oh man this month is full of emotions.  A roller coaster if you will.  I'm going in trying to be positive but there are times when I wish we could just skip this month.

Thinking positive....

My friend Steffani posted this picture/Valentine's Day idea on FB yesterday...


I kicked this off last night after the kids were asleep.  I wrote a note to each of them and taped them on the wall in the hallway.  I have no idea if Christopher noticed it before leaving this morning but Bella sure did.  She thought it was the coolest thing.  I think its pretty cool too. I'll take a pic and show y'all as it progresses or we're done.  ;)

This next picture just made me laugh out loud because if I'm being honest....this is reality.


Let's talk about the very first item under daily because I close the door to Bella's room all the damn time.  Y'all, I will get in there and clean, organize and throw so many pieces of paper away, its crazy.  Christopher has done the same but she will inevitably get in there and trash her room.  I shouldn't say "trash" because its not like that but it certainly looks like Tornado Bella went through there.  I have threatened the last item under Daily more times than I can remember, and some things have "disappeared" on cleaning days when she is not home.  When I read this list, I seriously thought that somebody had been watching me to create this list.  Sad, but very true.  Thankfully, I do have a lady who comes to clean my house every two weeks so that helps but during the holidays and other times of the year when we skip a cleaning, its a clorox wipe to the countertops.  I have walked into Bella's tornado thinking I'll clean, stood there and laughed trying to keep from crying and then just walked away shaking my head.  I definitely did not get the "I love to clean" gene.  

Thinking positive...have to be positive.

Y'all have a good one!

1 comment:

Steffani said...

And yes.... there are days when the heart note might not make it out in the morning for when she gets up, but then it just shows up sometime during the day, so don't pressure yourself if you forget or miss some mornings :)