Monday, January 30, 2017

Monday Blues

I've talked here about my disdain for Mondays.  They are just so dang hard on us.  My babies and I were all dragging this morning.  Part of my issues today is that in addition to fighting a monster headache all day Saturday, I also had heartburn.  That was no fun.  I pushed through the day, helped brother out at his house a little and baked a bundt cake to go with the grilling he did for his helpers.

Isn't that purdy?  Kinda wish I had some now!



Last week was a tough week.  Bella stayed home sick Tuesday so sprayed and wiped down everything I could and then washed what I could.  I was supposed to go with Tony to his treatment that morning but had to cancel.  I was so upset.  I don't need anyone getting sick, most of all Tony.  I kept Bella medicated all day, by lunch she wanted to go next door to help the neighbors in the yard.  I had to explain what staying home sick from school meant.  Needless to say, we watched a lot of movies Tuesday and took a few naps.  Wednesday she was back at school and I was back to helping brother and we made it through the week.  I realize I have nothing to be complaining about how hard Mondays are given the shit my brother, and others are going through right now, so I will stop talking about my headache and heartburn.

Sunday my girl and I played several rounds of Sequence.  If you have not played this game, you really need to get it.  Daddy and Lena have gotten us all hooked on it.  Bella and I played 3 rounds with her whipping my butt in the end.  Whether you have 2 or 6 people playing, it really is a lot of fun.


Wanted to show you the earrings I bought, or rather my children bought me from Nickel and Suede.  Remember I was trying to decide what color to get first?  Well, in the midst of trying to make a decision, they had a new arrival called Blue Lagoon and I was in love.  What made it an even easier decision was that they are only available for a limited time so I had to get these.  I chose the small size.  They are so pretty in person and you definitely can't tell you have earrings on, they are so lightweight.  Definitely will be adding more to my collection of earrings.   

Blue Lagoon leather earrings Nickel and Suede


One last thing I want to share is a post I made on Facebook and Instagram dedicated to my brother.  Let me just leave here saying that I continue to be so very proud of him.  He is just so positive through his battle.  Its very inspiring.  Love him so much. :) 




No comments: