Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Resolutions & Goals

I haven't really made any New Year's resolutions in a while.  The closest I have come was back in 2012 when I set goals for the year.  My dear cousin Dina reminded me earlier this week that last year my goal was "making it happen".  Since our memory's are not what they used to be, we are both guessing that I meant I was going to make all the things happen that I always talk about doing.  Looking back, I may have hit the mark on some and missed it on others but without being specific in my goal of making it happen, I really have no idea if I scored or not.  Ha!  #goodjobmis

After talking, discussing, cussing and reviewing what we want to achieve this year, we have come up with the following...

Dina's goal is: Embrace change, stay positive and get my honkus movin.
She will face a lot of changes and challenges this year so I think her goal is a good one.  Baby steps.

Missy's goal is:  Believe and discipline.
Bella will tell you believe is my word all the time. I guess I say it out loud more than I realize. Discipline is needed in all aspects as well. Its to continue on my path of carving out more time with my kids, organizing and staying organized, spending less and saving more, not losing my temper easily, being a better mom, etc.  You get the picture. I too need to get my honkus movin.  Part of where the discipline comes in and believing that I can make changes.

I just realized one of my making it happen goals that I did accomplish was finally starting the Vyvial Family Cookbook. Yes ma'am.  It will be a slower process than I think any of us would like it to be but its started.  That also reminds me that I have more recipes to add.

I like the beginning of the year when Christmas is put away and the house looks big and clean.  I always want to brighten it up with touches here and there.  Yellow comes to mind at this time every year.  I just feel the need to be bright and cheerful.  Not that Christmas isn't bright and cheerful because it is.  I don't know, maybe I associate yellow with clean because of lemon cleaners, etc.  I don't know y'all, I'm thinking and typing as I go.  I'm a weirdo.  You know this.  I do know I like having everything put away in January and changing things up.  New looks throughout the house.  And I don't mean going out and buying new stuff, I mean rearranging and switching decor up a bit.  Sometimes the smallest change can make the biggest impact.  Pretty profound huh.  Yeah, I'm sure I read that somewhere but its absolutely true.

Before I close, I will let you know that my brother is doing well.  He will begin radiation and chemo treatments January 17.  His treatments will last 5 1/2 weeks (28 days).  He is still making jokes because that is his way of coping, but its also just his way.  We are all serious when we need to be.

Thank you all for the prayers and encouraging words.  They mean so very much to Tony and to our family.


No comments: