Thursday, July 27, 2017

Vacation Rewind - The River

This post will be a bit shorter than the last, only because it was a shorter trip and well, we floated the river, and mommy had adult beverages.  :)

Other than honey spending a few days with us at the beach, this portion of my vacation was my favorite.  I just prefer the river to the sandy beach.  I enjoy my family and my friends but honey is what made the beach for me this year.

The Hillier Family invited us to join their family at the river again this year and we were all over it, especially this girl right here.  I will say driving up to Leisure Resort took more time this year because we had to detour off of I-10 due to construction and two wrecks.  Thankfully, Brian's brother had alerted us to the mess before we got stuck in it like he did.  Almost 4 hours of sitting in standstill traffic for them, and he was pulling a camper!  No thank you.  Needless to say we made it, got unpacked and went to the gathering area to say hello to everyone.  I snapped this picture to send to honey so he could see our view from the campsite....



We all sat around catching up, enjoying hamburgers for supper, relaxing, having a drink or two and playing this....YARDZEE!





Y'all, this was so much fun!  One of Deanna's cousins purchased the game at a craft show earlier in the year.  It came with the bucket, wooden dice, four laminated cards and a dry erase marker.  So, so fun.

Saturday, after we made breakfast tacos (it was our meal to cook), we put the suits on, grabbed our tubes and headed down to float that magnificent river.  At first the float went well but I soon found myself getting hung up in every spot I could get hung up in.  There was also a family floating, very slowly and dadgummit, I was always getting stuck behind them.  God bless 'em.  The river was low and slow.  It just wasn't a great float for me which is why I didn't float again that trip.  I stayed at this location either in a chair or sitting directly in the water...


It was perfect.  The water felt good, not too cold.  Drinks were cold and snacks were just the right amount.  We would hang out for a while in the morning, head up to eat lunch and then come back down for the afternoon.  Bella had a blast just staying right there.  She figured out if she put a life jacket/vest on she could easily float.  There was a little area there she could do that and still be with us.  She also kept herself busy finding all kinds of rocks!  Even with the crazy storm that blew in Saturday night, it was a great trip that went by too fast.  Gosh I love sitting in the river just chilling and visiting with great friends and family.

I always try to get a picture with my children.  I failed at the beach house but nailed it here.  This was Sunday morning after breakfast.  Chris and the boys were getting ready to head out for the day. I love my little family.  



No comments: