Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August!



I can't help but get a tiny bit excited when August rolls around.  This means Fall is just around the corner and I can start decorating with everything pumpkin. It also means we are closer to another school year and this year is extra special because my son will be a SENIOR.  Whoa!  I can't explain how strange this feels.  I was just a new mommy yesterday trying to figure everything out and crying when my mom left me with a brand new baby to take care of.  I had been around babies all my life, babysat them, but to have my own, holy crap that was scary.  As it turns out, he grew and thrived and has turned into a really good kid. There have been some hiccups along the way but I like to tell myself that every parent has hiccups with their children.  Its a right of passage as a parent for your children to test you, force you to be strong, sometimes mean and get all parenty (yep, I'm making that a word) on them. God help me, I still have many years to go with that 8 year old in the house.  LOL!
Seriously, my kids are pretty good kids but I swear to you there was a "poof" and here we are, staring at Christopher Michael's senior year of high school.  Let's have fun with it and kick ass.  No stress.  These are the words I have said to him many times this summer and will say again before his first day of classes.  THIS is going to be a good year.  Positive thinking.

Happy August 1st y'all!


No comments: