Monday, August 14, 2017

Halfway There

We are halfway through August and that means I'm getting the come on and hurry up September/Fall itch on my brain.  I have refrained from decorating but I did pick up this candle Saturday when Bella and I popped into the new Bath and Body Works store at the mall to take a look.

I cannot wait to burn this sweet smelling candle.  Bella did give me permission to start burning it now but I told her I was going to make myself wait until September 1st.  Be strong Missy, be strong.  

Truth is, up until Saturday I had firecrackers still in my yard.  I just haven't had the "want" to take down Fourth of July decor and have a blank slate before all things pumpkin spice is upon us.  Maybe this weekend will be it. I have to get the house picked up and cleaned before the 26th because I am having a jewelry party.  My cleaning lady had to quit cleaning homes for health reasons.  I just haven't found a new lady yet.  The kids are chomping at the bit because until that happens, we all get extra chores.  I have to say, it has been nice not having to worry about cleaning bathrooms, dusting and mopping floors for a good while now.  #spoiled

This heat has just been unbearable.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Unless you are poolside, sitting in a river or enjoying another water source, its just too dang hot to be outside.  My take anyway.  I really should think about moving. 

The kids have one more week of summer before school starts August 21.  I can say with confidence that Chris could care less about school.  He would be content to keep working.  He loves having his own money, and mommy has enjoyed not handing over the debit card for gas money weekly.  Bella is 50/50 on school starting.  She enjoys her time off but misses her friends.  I finished up school shopping last week.  Supplies were bought once we were back from the river--kinda started that "tradition" a few years ago.  Christopher only asked for a couple pairs of jeans and shirts.  Bella is pretty much set.  She still needs jeans but I hesitate to buy them now because its still so hot and she won't wear them much.  I know the stores will still carry them for a while so I'm not worried.  As for me, I'm about 50/50 as well.  I'm ready for the routine but not ready for the homework and tears and whining.  But hey, that's just me.  I'm sure the kids will be fine!  

We will meet Bella's teacher and get her class assignment tomorrow. Christopher picks up his schedule Thursday, and then we are off to the races come Monday morning.  Pray for us.  

Have a good one!

No comments: