Wednesday, August 23, 2017

A New School Year

Here they are, my senior and my 3rd grader ready to tackle another school year.  Well, almost ready.


Bella had a slight wardrobe change after this picture.  Actually, it was more of an accessories change.  She lost the bow and added earrings...


I warned Chris he HAD to take a picture that morning because it was his last first day of school picture.  Sniff, sniff.  Whew, was he grumpy.  He has been grumpy all week, but then again he is my child.  Mommy isn't a morning person either, but I do try to perk it up for my babies.  

Bella came in my room last night and asked me to pause the tv because "we needed to talk".  Nothing like those four words to make a mommy stop in her tracks, especially when your 8 year old is being very serious and follows up with "its about something I did in school today. Good grief child, its the second day of school and you're already in trouble?  My second thought was that I was just at the school for a parent meeting to hear about the school year and her teacher didn't say anything.  

She proceeded to remind me of how hard it is when you have all this work you have to do in the morning at school.  You work, you go to PE, you work some more, you go to lunch and then work some more in the afternoon.  "And mommy", she says, "you know how sometimes when you do all that work and you are just so tired you fall asleep?  Well I did that today."  

That's what happened....you fell asleep?  She said, "yep, I fell asleep!"  She said she wasn't asleep long because her teacher woke her up.  She just couldn't understand why she was so tired and she's tired of being tired. I told her the first week of school will be hard because she had been off all summer and its difficult to get back into a routine.  Its also why mommy makes her go to bed earlier and why we started practicing that a week before school started.  I told her it would be a good idea to lay down a little earlier to get some extra rest.  She agreed.  Poor kiddo.  I also told her mommy has a hard time going back to work after vacation because I get to sleep in and stay up late when I'm on vacation so I understood her having a hard time.  

My sweet nuggets.  God bless them this first few weeks of school.  Bless them all year but these first few are going to be rough.  


No comments: