Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Life Lately

Life lately has been full of getting everyone back into the swing of things and back to some kind of normalcy.  As I type that I feel bad because our new normal doesn't involve putting everything we own out by the curb because our house flooded.  Hurricane Harvey really did a number on a lot of folks around here.  I can't imagine having to gut your home and start from scratch. Its just awful.  I am super thankful that we were on the lucky end of things.  This whole experience has also made me rethink my desire to live in the country, or outside the city limits--around here anyway.  The kids and I were off of school and work for a week and then it was back to reality.  Bella threw a holy fit the day school was back in session because she just needed one more day at home.  It was not pretty!  Things are moving along a little easier now.  We had a similar meltdown again later in the week when Bella wanted to wear jeans to school and couldn't find any that fit.  I kept two pair that I thought she could still wear but apparently I was wrong so we did some shopping this past weekend.

I had a hair appointment Saturday morning so we planned to hit the stores after that. I waited entirely too long to get my hair done this time, but a cut and color later, my hair and I both felt so much better.


Bella wanted to go to Justice (big surprise) to look for jeans.  We found her three pair that were good enough for her.  Thank goodness because much to my disappointment, they weren't on sale.  After Justice, we popped into Bath and Body Works to pick up some of my pumpkin scented lotion I love and then went by Buckle to pick up a pair of jeans for yours truly.  We decided to go look at fall decor at Hobby Lobby before heading home.  As much as I love this time of year and can't wait to decorate with all things pumpkin, I haven't been in the mood to do it.  Strange I know.  In hopes of finding some fall inspiration we went to HL hoping to find my spirit.  I found some pumpkin sticks to add to the arrangement I have in my watering can.  I also gave in and picked up a small galvanized pumpkin that I have been eyeing since they put them out.  Actually, I have been eyeing the larger one but I couldn't bring myself to purchase that one and truth be told, I have no idea where I would have put it.  I also picked up a couple other metal pumpkins.  Still haven't decorated the inside but I got the outside of the house done....for now.  I'm not happy with it so I expect changes to be coming.  Never satisfied.  

Sunday morning was another nice day so Bella wanted me to grab my coffee and sit outside with her.  She was playing on my phone and said "smile mommy" and took my picture.  I took my phone and told her it was my turn to take hers....here's the result...



 Sitting outside in the mornings and evenings is one of our favorite things to do.  She is my child.

Later we went to the grocery store to pick up a few things for the week.  I'm looking at fall decor when I hear, "hey mommy, look over here".  I turn to find this staring at me....


I died laughing.  "Don't mess with the Easter Bunny" she says.  She tried on several other ones but this one cracked me up the most.

Also must show you my new favorite nail polish for this fall...  



I know it looks black but its navy and I love it.  I have been trying to find one for a while but everything I found was too blue.  I saw this color suggested on another blog and happen to find it at Target the other day.  Score for me! I still have my other favorite you see on my nails above, Mink Muffs, but I'm having trouble finding it in the stores. May have to find another color similar to it.



Christopher has been busy working at Chili's every chance he gets.  He worked the entire week we were out for the hurricane and I'm allowing him to work weekends while in school.  If his grades suffer, he will have to quit his job.  School comes first.  He is also gearing up and hunting pallets down for the bonfire that will be coming up soon. Still hasn't sunk in this is his senior year.  It'll probably hit me when he's walking across the field to accept his diploma in May.  Crazy!







No comments: