Friday, September 22, 2017

It's Fall Y'all



Saturday morning I cleaned house and then put up my fall decor and then Sunday, Bella and I swung over to Lowes in hopes of finding mums and we lucked out!  


I love mums.  I always have but they also now remind me of my sweet baby who was born in October.  I remember receiving lots of mums when he was born.  As you can see, we also found a cute jack-o-lantern at Lowes.  This one has a battery operated candle in it.  I haven't decided where I will put Jackie :).  I have a planter on my porch that I have always kept mums in, along with a geranium and this past spring I added a mosquito plant (citronella plant).  Well, sometime in the summer something got a hold of everything in that pot and killed it all.  Really ticked me off because because about this time of year, the mums really start producing blooms and its so pretty.  The smaller mums went in that pot and the larger one I planted in the flower bed around my pecan tree out front.  I have two others there as well that I planted last year, but of course I want more! I did see the stores are beginning to get pumpkins in but I decided to wait a bit.  Its been so dang hot this last week that I'm afraid those guys would rot out sooner rather than later.  Not sure how long I can wait because I do love me some pumpkins.  

I'm so very happy today is the first day of Fall but Lordy I wish it would cool off and these 90 degree temps would back the heck off.  

I hope y'all have a great weekend!!

No comments: