Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Round Top & Warrenton

This past Saturday, Bella and my friend Lauren loaded up and hit the road to Round Top to do some junking, antiquing and boutique shopping. I was a little hesitant to take Bella because I knew there would be meltdowns, especially with as much walking we would be doing but I was optimistic, thinking only of the memories we would be making. 

Our first stop was the Junk Gypsy Headquarters in Round Top.....


We arrived about 20 minutes prior to opening so we hung around and took pictures.



So cool...like it was meant for a photo op....


 

After that we headed to Warrenton for more shopping.  We did so much shopping and had so much fun that we didn't take a single photo.  Honey had asked that I take pictures of furniture and home decor pieces that had been made using reclaimed wood so he could get some cool ideas.  I had every intention of doing that and I tried at several places but was met with "ma'am, we don't allow pictures of our pieces." Fun suckers.  I do understand. They don't want copycats out there, and honey could totally make a lot of the pieces we saw. 

It didn't take long for my Bella to wear out.  It felt good in the morning but around lunch time it got hot quick and that will make anyone fussy.  Me!  I was fussy.  We walked and walked and walked and shopped until we had to make our way back to the car for a break to unload all the goodies and wine Lauren bought.  You may not think so, but four bottles of wine gets heavy quick!   After resting, eating a snack and refilling our drinks, we headed back out for more.  Bella had a skip in her step and caught a second wind.  We all were.  Late in the afternoon, we were more or less on the junk and antique side of things but happened upon a homemade see-saw and HAD to try it out....



We tried to get Bella to join one of us but my child refused to get on.  There were people nearby laughing at us.  I like to think they secretly wanted to try it out but weren't as brave as Lauren and I were.  Truly, it was one of the highlights of the day.  

We left around 7:00 and drove to Columbus for supper and I hit my wall.  I was so tired and so ready to be home.  We all could feel a layer of dust on us and desperately wanted showers.  We ate and hit the road for the last leg home.  My shower never felt so good and my bed felt even better.  I had so much fun and will definitely go back but I will add that its getting tougher to walk 7 miles up and down hill.  My legs hurt so bad Sunday and Monday.  Whew!  I did grab some fun things and will do my best to snap pictures of everything to share.  


No comments: