Monday, October 23, 2017

Fair Week - Part Two

Get ready for picture overload of my girl!  We wrapped up the fair this weekend and as usual, I'm glad to see it gone for another year.  Whew!

Since it was free entry Thursday, we went out after work so Bella could check out all the exhibits.  We really didn't do much, just kind of walked around to see everything and say hello to our friends at the cook-off.


"Brothers and sisters are friends".....Bella
And we all are most of the time.  haha

Friday we hit the rides and let me tell you, this was probably the most fun for both Bella and I.  Bella really loved the fast rides this year.  She would get off hollering "woohoo" and ready for the next.  I loved it because she was so happy and excited.




Decision, decisions...what should I do next?


  



These were the only two good pictures I got of her with the animals. There were so many kids in there that the animals were running all over the place.  I think it was overload for them.  It made me a little nuts too.  Needless to say, we didn't stay long because it was not as enjoyable as past years.



Back to the rides...


Before she got on this ride, she gave me specific instructions.  
"Now mommy, when I get on here, you need to take my picture and send it Paul."
These are the pics I got, and he loved them!



Pause for a selfie with my girl...


Later that night we were back at the cook-off.  Bella was content with some friends she made so Lauren and I took a walk to go see another co-worker who was in the cook-off as well.  We stopped for a pic of us with our matching koozies.  You can't see the writing on them, but they say, 
"I Love Jesus But I Drink A Little"



Me and brother waiting on awards at the cook-off.  
Our friends didn't place but the food and company were awesome!


Lastly, I didn't plan on entering anything in the Kitchen Pride Bake Show or the Rice Plus Cook-Off this year but after receiving holy hell from co-workers and friends on Thursday, I reconsidered.  They all said "you must defend your honor" so I came up with a recipe and look what happened.  Yours truly took home first place and grand champion in the Rice Plus Cook-off with a Rice-Pumpkin Bread.  The same recipe took second in the Kitchen Pride Bake Off.  Bella was so excited for her mommy.  I guess I have found my talent...baking!



Glad we are starting a new week and the fair is gone.  I do have an interesting weekend coming up.  I may or may not have been talked into going to an Aggie game.  I know, I know....I'm still struggling with it.  But as my crazy cousin pointed out, its football, good food, good drinks and family!  I can't argue with that.  Y'all have a good one!

No comments: